Systems/Electrical Engineer – (Navigation, Planning and Control)
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Systems Engineer to help lead the company from early-stage product development through the commercialization of autonomous field service vehicles, robotics and other automation applications. The right candidate must be ready to contribute at a system architecture level, guiding technical teams in the advancement of complex electrical-mechanical systems, while also providing individual contributions developing high-quality control code.
- Define and execute both the short-term and long-term engineering and prototype plans, in localization, mapping, path planning, control, and other related domains, to support current and next-generation product development.
- Work with the local and global business, product, and prototype teams to define the system architecture and technical requirements.
- Design and implement the autonomous navigation components of our robotic systems, e.g., pose estimation, localization, mapping path planning, motion control, visual servo control, and obstacle avoidance.
- Debug and test the overall autonomous navigation system and ensure that requirements are met.
- Track the state-of-the-art technology and conduct fundamental research when needed, and incorporate into new product development.
- Build connections and collaborations with academic institutions and industrial partners.
- Domestic and international travel may be required for internal/external meetings, conferences, and partner discussions.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering, and/or other relevant educational background.
- Advanced degree or comparable industry experience in creating autonomous robotic navigation.
- Experience in system architecture, design, and development.
- Proficient in using mainstream microcontrollers and SOC devices for signal processing, computer vision, SLAM, and control algorithms.
- Ability to write clean and efficient code. Drive system integration and testing of autonomous navigation systems and integration with other key components in the overall robotic system.
- Trackable applied experience in the area of autonomous robotic navigation and SLAM.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated and passionate about robotics and AI.
- Opportunistic, problem-solving attitude and work demeanor.
- Willing to work at different locations when/if necessary.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- 5+ years of industrial experience in successfully conducting applied research in or the development of real robotic systems.
- In-depth expertise with technical elements relevant to robot hardware design with both system-level thinking and component-level development.
- Passionate about exploring and implementing innovative ideas and concepts.
- Familiar with building embedded robotic platforms and implementing hardware related embedded software on microcontrollers.
- Customer engagement with solid skills of strategically thinking, business development, and excellent execution to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
Apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org