Senior Software Engineer - (Architects and develops the full software stack for innovative robots, from R&D to commercial products)
Job Type: Full-Time
As a Senior Software Engineer at Wavemaker Labs, your core application competencies in Robotic Software Engineering will allow you to shine. You will work with our talented team members to contribute to our innovative product development accelerator. You will design, code, and test high quality software that is necessary to ensure the reliable and safe functioning of commercial robots.
- Commit to desired outcomes …define desired outcomes and achieve them vigorously
- Challenge assumptions …to ensure great outcomes
- Prudent optimism …glass-half-full, with a dose of caution to challenge our assumptions
- No egos, no jerks …no joke
- Responsibilities/Outcomes Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of industrial experience successfully developing robotic/automation systems
- Strong coding skills in C++ and Python
- Experience developing, debugging, and maintaining production-quality code
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and testing
- Expertise in Linux/Unix, Git, CMake, Jenkins/Travis, and Docker
- Experience with robotics software, realtime software, and ROS
- Experience deploying industry-grade software
- Cloud-based services, AWS, SQL
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Embedded systems
- Parallel computing (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, ect)
- Game development or simulation (Unreal, Unity, Gazebo, etc)
- Web-based development (React, php, etc)
- User interface or app development experience
- Computer vision as it relates physical robotics systems