Senior Electrical Engineer - (Electrical-Mechanical Systems Design & Controls)
Job Type: Full-Time
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer at Wavemaker Labs, your core application experience and capability in electrical-mechanical systems design and controls will allow you to shine. You will work with our talented team to accelerate product development.
- Commit to desired outcomes …define desired outcomes and achieve them vigorously
- Challenge assumptions …to ensure great outcomes
- Prudent optimism …glass-half-full, with a dose of caution to challenge our assumptions
- No egos, no jerks …no joke
- Responsibilities/Outcomes Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or other relevant educational background and mastery in the following:
- Research and key component selection including sensors, actuators, controllers and any other relevant components
- Implement workable communication and power distribution architectures
- Prepare peak and average power budgets based on carefully defined use cases
- Specify IO and prepare wire harness drawings ready for manufacturing
- Compile data, prepare trade studies and present information in written and verbal form
- Design and prepare electrical schematics and block diagrams with supporting best practice calculations
- Develop electrical system budgets including estimating labor, material, and any other relevant costs
- Lead technical teams in the following:
- Ideation of electrical-mechanical systems architecture, data and power electrical systems
- Development of test plans and executing hardware integration, testing, debug and validation
- Development of electrical systems that meet use-case, technical, operational, manufacturing, cost and schedule requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills to levels above, below and in-line
- In-depth robot/automation hardware design experience with both system-level thinking and component-level development
- Experience with implementing embedded software on microcontrollers
- Experience designing custom PCB’s (in Altium or equivalent) and preparing schematics for manufacturing
- Experience (physically) building electrical harnesses and/or populating custom PCBs
- Keen ability to identify and foresee technical risk, and engineering mindset of addressing risks early
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters (or equivalent)
- 8+ or more years of industrial experience successfully developing real robotic/automation systems
- Experience using Simulink and writing high-level controls and state-machine firmware
- Experience developing high-voltage battery systems