Mechatronics Engineer (Mechanism, Structures & Electrical-Mechanical Systems Design)
Job Type: Full-Time
As a Mechatronics Engineer at Wavemaker Labs, your core application competencies in Electrical-Mechanical Systems Design will allow you to shine. You will work with our talented team members to contribute to our innovative product development accelerator.
- Work as a key technical individual contributor and technical leader.
- Work with the local and global business, product, and R&D teams to define mechatronic system requirements. Convert voice of customer and use case definition into technical product development requirements
- Work with our collaborators, vendors, and members to design and implement electrical-mechanical systems, including but not limited to the mechatronic design of the robot base, body, manipulator, sensors, actuators, grippers, connectors, power supply.
- Test and debug overall systems ensuring performance of the hardware and the embedded software.
- Manage relationships with our key external vendors.
- Work as an internal expert across all WAVEMAKER LABS portfolio companies.
- Build connections and collaborations with industrial partners and academic institutions (as needed).
- Domestic and international travel may be required for internal meetings, external technical meetings, conferences, and partner discussions.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering, and/or other relevant educational background. Bachelors or Masters (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Proficient in one or several major mechatronic and SOC design software, including SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Altium Designer, PowerPCB, ORCAD, Xilinx, Altera, etc., with hands-on skills.
- Proficient in using mainstream microcontrollers and SOC devices for robotic control, signal processing, and communication systems.
- Experience in system integration and testing of mechatronic systems and the overall robotic hardware systems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated and passionate about robotics and AI.
- Opportunistic, problem-solving attitude and work demeanor.
- Willing to work at different locations when/if necessary.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- 3+ or more years of industrial experience in successfully developing real robotic systems.
- In-depth expertise with technical elements relevant to robot hardware design with both system-level thinking and component-level development.
- Passionate about exploring and implementing innovative ideas and concepts.
- Familiar with building embedded robotic platforms and implementing hardware related embedded software on microcontrollers.
- Customer engagement with solid skills of strategically thinking, business development, and excellent execution to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
Apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org